What is the role of a website? The purpose to set up a website is to attract potential customers to your business, generate leads and turn leads to sales. A website is more than just a template with a few pages. In order to reap reward from it, you need to engage a professional Web design agency that can combine uniqueness and innovation in design. Now, let me share with you 8 ways to identify a good web design agency:
1. A good web design agency shares its work. They should keep a portfolio of their best work and present to you when requested. From their portfolio, you can know whether they are the right one you are looking for.
2. A good web design agency understands your needs first before presenting you with sales packages. Your objective to create a website is different from other companies. Before they can propose to you what kind of website you need, they should understand your business needs and objective first.
3. Flexible web design agency uses open source technology to save time. They support the use of inexpensive and time saving open source technology, such as Joomla, WordPress, OS Commerce, etc. With these tools, your website can achieve professional standard while saving time and money.
4. The agency should charge based on results. A professional web design agency combines the method of flat fees with hourly billing for maintenance work and other installation.
5. Billing is easy. Intelligent agencies make billing easy by charging a 20% – 50% of the project fee in advance and accept the rest of the payment through checks.
6. Honest about rates and turnaround time. It is important to work with someone who is trustworthy. An honest agency will be frank with you on the turnaround time of the project. They will also disclose their rates upfront, with no hidden fee.
7. A professional designer should comply with general web standards and browser compatibility. They should also ensure that your website is search engine friendly so that it is ready for optimization in the future.
8. Experienced web designers ensure that you can handle minor updates on your own. They will recommend using platform like Joomla or WordPress to build your website so that you can make minor changes in house or with the help of a less expensive web professional.